An experienced manager seeking a position in community affairs with an organization that will utilize my broad range of skills and knowledge in operations, government affairs and strategic planning.
Self-Employed, Consultant, New York, NY (1/15– Present)
Realside Productions, Inc., Consultant, New York, NY (1/17 – Present)
- Responsible for financial management and accounting for boutique film production company. Developed strategic business plan and co-wrote book proposal for film catalogue.
Transportation Consortium of New York, Inc., Consultant, New York, NY (1/15 – 6/17) AirRail, Inc. & AirRail Operators, Inc., Consultant, New York, NY (1/15 – 6/17)
- Senior business development manager and leader for community affairs and government relations.
- Responsible for facilitating final bid proposals ranging in amounts of $35 Million to $250 Million by consortium of nine construction management and operations companies competing for MWBE contracts in public transportation and real estate projects.
- Provided strategic counsel to consortium CEO’s and coordinated outreach to elected officials, business, and civic leaders.
- Managed and completed state and federal MWBE certification process for the consortium members.
- Compiled, edited and produced documentation for final submission of requests for qualifications.
Capital Prep Schools, Chief Operating Officer (Interim), New York, NY (6/16 – 2/17)
- Served as the primary interface for all service providers, suppliers and local, state and federal education departments.
- Responsible for daily operations of school’s management company at two locations.
- Oversaw final construction and opening of new facility in NYC for middle school students.
- Responsible for human resources, procurement, and facilities management for school’s Harlem location.
- Managed payroll, bill payments, vendor selection, contract negotiations and local, state and federal reporting.
- Prepared annual budget, monitored spending and handled monthly reporting to independent accounting/audit service provider.
- Compiled reports and supporting documentation for monthly board meetings.
New York City Council, Candidate, 9th City Council District, New York, NY (2013)
- Mounted an efficient and impactful campaign. Generated $250,000 in fundraising, managed team of five full time staff and over fifty volunteers; received major endorsements including by NY Post and the current Mayor of NYC; and obtained more than thirty percent of the final vote.
United States House of Representatives, Candidate, 15th Congressional District, New York, NY (2010)
- As a first time candidate for public office I successfully generated more than $200,000 in fundraising; received significant media coverage; and achieved a respectable vote count.
TD Bank, Vice-President/Community Banking Manager, New York, NY (2/05 – 3/11)
- Primarily responsible for business development and community outreach for impactful relationships in commercial lending, small business lending, government banking and real estate investments.
- Senior Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) compliance officer for 8 evaluation areas in New York State and Northern New Jersey.
- Prepared reports and made presentations on bank’s CRA performance, and submitted metrics for bi-annual review to the US treasury Department (FDIC).
- Provided general counsel to five individual regional presidents and senior management on performance goals, and specific target areas prioritized by the bank.
- Represented the bank on several boards including the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), and the NY State Banking Economic Advisory Committee.
- Managed $150 million of bank investments and loan fund partnerships.
- Promoted in 2009, to Vice-President when Commerce Bank was acquired by TD Bank; and credited with improving branch operations and generating over $32 million in new business, and $75 million in construction loans.
UMEZ Development Corporation, Director of Marketing, New York, NY (6/03 – 8/04)
- Responsible for community outreach and communications. • Managed all marketing and public relations activities.
- Worked closely with COO and CEO of the organization to implement strategic plan.
- Developed and composed marketing materials, press releases, project plans and reports.
- Oversaw annual $50,000 to $250,000 marketing budget.
- Conceived and implemented strategic marketing campaign targeting tourists to Upper Manhattan.
- Campaign Advisor, Adriano Espaillat for Congress, New York, NY (2012, 14, 16)
- Consultant, Morgan Ford, LLC, New York, NY (5/03 – Present)
- Special Assistant, Rep. Charles B. Rangel, New York, NY (4/01 – 6/03)
- Campaign Manager, Rep. Charles B. Rangel, New York, NY (2/02 – 11/02)
- Public relations strategy, political campaign strategy and crisis management strategy.
- Special events coordination and management and large-scale meetings and presentations.
- Lecturer and public speaker with media appearances on subjects including business and personal finance, politics, technology and current affairs.
- Excellent written communication skills including online content creation, social media, HTML and content management software.
- West Harlem Development Corporation – Board Member (2017-Present)
- Capital Prep Harlem Public School – Founding Board Member (2014-2016)
- The Black Institute — Board Member & Treasurer (2014 – 2017)
- 125th Street BID/District Management Association – Board Member & Chairman (2008-2011)
- Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce — Director (2007-2009)
- Columbia University (SIPA), New York, NY – Master of Public Administration
- University of Illinois, Chicago, IL – Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Howard University, Washington, DC